Image from CrateandBarrel.com
• Cut felt to the desired bag size, leaving a ½” seam allowance. (I used two pieces of felt to add detail to the inside)
• Fold the pieces in half. Sew along the long open end (like you would a pillow). Do not sew the top or bottom closed!
• Measure the bottom of the bag. Using a circle template cut out a circle with that diameter (leaving a ½” seam allowance). Use a fabric pen to trace the circle for guidance.
• At this point I found it easiest to draw a line on the inside of the bag ¼” from the bottom which can then be aligned with the outline of the circle.
• Pin the circle to the bottom of the bag, aligning the two markings. Note the markings will not be touching, you will have to visually line them up. Sew together.
• Turn the bag inside out and embellish as you desire!