Monday, November 23, 2009

Never enough felt...

I admittedly already own a lot of felt. Something about seeing "4 for $1" makes me grab various felts at a manic speed. I must have every color! I must have 4 of every color!! When a multiple of something only costs $1 you undoubtedly end up with a lot of it. (Ahem, I have about 50 matchbooks from the dollar store, what a steal!) I'm sure there's some underlying issue with me being felt and $1 bargain obsessed, but that's for another discussion.

My only real complaint about these cheap felts is the color selection. If it's not neon, it's dull. There are not many uses for hot pink felt, not in my world at least. So when I decided to make those felt "bows" that Anthropologie was using I was already trying to figure out how I could possibly make them look good with the color selection I already own. Answer: I couldn't.

I've been eyeing some fabrics and felts over at Heather Bailey's online fabric store and finally broke down and bought some sheets of felt. These are the colors I decided to purchase: Pistachio, Vanilla, and Cherry Pie.


(Images from Heather Bailey's Online Shop)

I just received them in the mail today and the colors are perfect. The colors that you see online and pretty much the colors that you will get. The only downside is that it costs $2.25 for a 9"x12" sheet. That makes my heart hurt a little bit. She's offering felt bundles now, but they cost $10.50 for 5 sheets...that's only a 75 cent savings. I like her bundles with the exception of the green bundle that has 4 awesome colors (Pea Soup, Evergreen, Fairy Pool, and Pistachio) and one color that I would rather do without (Ginger Root). Still...75 cents? That's the best savings you can give me? At least make it 5 for $10 and save me $1.25. The odds of me wanting all the colors in a bundle are slim, so I might as well cough up the extra 75 cents and get exactly the colors that I want.

Oh well. At least for now I'm thrilled with the colors that I bought and I'm happy with the quality of the felt. I would definitely buy from Heather Bailey again...but be aware that it's going to cost you. Here's hoping for some holiday coupons.
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment